Dean, Student Services
The office of Dean, Student Services, is headed by the Dean, Student Services and assisted by the following officers:
- Deputy Registrar, Student Services (currently vacant)
- Assistant Registrar, Student Services
- Junior Executives
- Office Assistants
The office of Dean, Student Services has been created under Statute 7A of the University Act to facilitate functions of student-related matters, including admission, scholarship, hostel accomodation, fees, counseling and other activities to ensure the well-being of students in the university.
More specifically, the office of Dean, Student Services shall facilitate the following functions in coordination with different Schools of the University:
- Admission processes and procedures for enrolling students in various programmes
- Provision of advice and guidance to admission seekers
- Organization and maintenance of a student information system
- Enabling and facilitating hostel admission
- Providing scholarships, fellowships and other financial assistance to students
- Working on campus jobs, including tutorship, assistance, mentorships, etc.
- Providing counseling, advice and guidance to students
- Counseling students on career opportunities and further education
- Organization and maintenance of student records
- Moderating performance on completion of the assessment process
- Issuing of Identity cards
- Planning and executing the AUD annual convocation
- Verification of original certificate submitted by the students
- Medical facilities for students
- Issue of Character certificate/ provisional certificate/ migration etc.
- Planning and execution of welfare for SC/ST/OBC/PH students
- Preparation of annual statistical report on students enrolment/ pass out/ dropout figures
- To perform such other functions and exercise such other powers as may be assigned by the Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances.